A few years ago, I hosted a Harry Potter themed birthday party, for which I purchased a set of the Harry Potter books specifically for crafting. I have a lot left from these books, which is great for other crafts – like this super easy and adorable paper heart garland, perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- Book pages
- Thread of multiple colors (I used only red, but this could be cute with any kind of thread)
- Heart-shaped hole punch (if you don’t have a heart-shaped hole punch, you could use a pair of scissors to cut each heart individually, but I’ll be honest – the punch makes it a whole lot easier)
- Sewing machine
1. Cut out a ton of hearts.
2. Stack the hearts in piles of three apiece; each of these piles will form one 3-D heart in the paper heart garland.
3. Sew a straight seam down the center of one pile of hearts.
4. Pull the sewn hearts out about two inches before placing another set of hearts under the presser foot to sew into the paper heart garland.
5. Lather, rinse, repeat.
6. Unfold the hearts to make them as 3-D as your heart desires.
…And then just drape and decorate for Valentine’s Day! <3